Friday, April 29, 2011

Lola vs. Reasons Why, The Sangria Edition

Reasons Why I Probably Shouldn't Drink Sangria

  1. I lock myself out of my house in a very tiny pink and black nightgown and am forced to shimmy through the window on my porch. Where the florescent porch light shines like a beacon on my, well, assets.


  2. I break into houses, steal family portraits, and replace them with stick figure drawings that look slightly homicidal, mostly alien, and all parts creepy.

Reasons Why I Probably Should Continue to Drink Sangria

  1. I lock myself out of my house in a very tiny pink and black nightgown and am forced to shimmy through the window on my porch. Where the florescent porch light shines like a beacon on my, well, assets.


  2. I break into houses, steal family portraits, and replace them with stick figure drawings that look slightly homicidal, mostly alien, and all parts creepy.


When did my life with my college friends turn from "Remember that time we got drunk and gave each other hickeys and Paul vomited on your steps after the Bull & Oyster Roast?" into "Remember that time we got drunk and broke into your dad's house while he was away on Easter vacation?"



I have issues. Obvi.



13 comments:

Mr O said...

I think I could be a fan of lights on assets.

And as previously stated, the correct term is tantalizing issues ;)

tennysoneehemingway said...

MMMM, sangria. You have just reminded me that it is, indeed, Friday. And work is nearly over. And that means it's time to get drunk. On sangria. Notice the lovely circle of life there, Simba?

Gorilla Bananas said...

I have issues. Obvi.

You have assets too. Did anyone see them and whistle in admiration?

Organic Meatbag said...

Oh, bless you child, bless you...Sangria is the greatest drink in the world, bar none... my favorite. Drinking lots of Sangria makes me feel like flowers and starshine sprout from my penis...have you ever had a man shoot flowers from his penis at you, Lola? I'm sure you have, because you're pretty rad!

The Faux Trixie said...

Whatever, that sounds like the MOST fun.

Lola Lakely said...

@Mr. O- You know you are welcome to visit my assets any time you like. And yes, our txt conversation is a must post.

@Tenny- Dearest Mufasa- Thank you for taking the time to explain how alcohol IS the circle of life. Your always, Simba

@Gorilla Bananas- Issues and Assets. Whatever will I do with both of them? Sadly no whistles. Maybe I should try for a repeat performance tonight?


@Organic- There are just so many different ways to make Sangria. And oh, so many different kinds of delicious alcohol to put in it. I could list a million reasons why this drink could make be feel like flowers and sunshine shoot out of orifices. As rad as I am , I don't think I have had the particular pleasure of a man shooting flowers from his penis at me. Sigh. I'm missing out. Obvi.

@Trixie- I know, RIGHT? I need to come and we can perform a caper together. With Sangria

Trinity said...

Lola, the reason i love you is that some people do ask the question "Remember when we..." but they are referring to college. You refer to last week.

Never change.

Lola Lakely said...

Trinity,

Me change? Naaaah. Although, at what age does this kind of thing start to get pathetic?

*uncorked said...

Reasons why you should never drink sangria without V? Countless.

Colleen said...

Ha. I am always in support of continuing to drink sangria.

Mixed Martial Arts Los Angeles said...

Because we really never grow up. My roommate and I went to Santa Barbara this last weekend and acted like we were 19 again. Although, it wasn't really any different than another weekend, just less inhibition than usually. Wait til someone breaks out the tequila...

Ava

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Both great idea.

busana muslim said...

Thank you for sharing this information to us... Keep coming