Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lola vs. Chi-town, Tequila, and a Love Triangle

So a blond, a redhead, and a brunette walk into a bar… Sounds like the start of a dirty joke?

More like an implosion of awesomeness!

Last week, I flew into Chicago early for a meeting to spend the night with V and Blunt Delivery. The two points in my It's Complicated Facebook love triangle. Oh, there were pillow fights. Feathers. And Necessary Roughness. But there was also wine, massages, a bucket of margaritas, a kiss (of which there may or may not be photographic evidence), an assault on errant lobby art (in defence of V's honor), and vodka.

And I did what many men have tried to do and failed. I got in bed with three other women. All while wearing Victoria Secret.

After the weekend's shenanigan's had faded, it wasn't the naughty cuddling in bed that stayed with me, although it was delicious. It was the connection I had made with these two girls, who before this weekend- for all intensive purposes- I had never met before. And it was amazing how fun, how effortless the weekend turned out to be.

I'm a big believer in connections. If you find it with someone, no matter how you meet or how it happens, you should always follow it. Even when it's unconventional. Because you never know where it will lead.

Doesn't exactly fit with the commitment phobic Lola you've grown to know and love, huh? What can I say? I'm a contradiction. Layers, baby. I've got layers.

Still perhaps the best thing to come out of the weekend came during our hang-over breakfast, which is one of my absolute favorite things to do after a night of solid drinking insanity. We were waiting for our names to be called by the irritatingly chipper, maniacal pen-wielding host when V mistakenly asked me to check where we were on their table waiting list.

Bleary-eyed, still desperately trying to infuse my body with caffeine, I blindly followed her order and lurched up to the host. He pointed at the list and must have repeated our number five times but it wasn't getting through my alcohol muddled head. I came back to our group and muttered a "we're next." Which of course we weren't. Not even close. So after they caught on to the fact that I clearly had no idea where we were on the waiting list, V shot me an exasperated look and accused, "Your brain still tastes like tequila."

Which I'm still pretty sure scared the people sitting directly behind her into leaving.

Having to check into my hotel and sales meetings after the epicness that was the weekend was a sad, sad thing. However, my experience with Chi-town was far from over. In fact I bumped into someone very unexpected at my meeting that caused me to chuck all prior weekend plans. Our NYC adventure, I'm sure, will end up here at some point. Especially 'cause I end up in bed with another hot blond. Which leads me to two questions.

Why is it that lately I've spent more time in bed with women than men? And should I be concerned by this recent development?

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Shennanigans!!! I cannot wait until we can hang again. Someday... someday!

Jeanette said...

Oh also... I loved the few texts I got from this recapped weekend!

Gorilla Bananas said...

No, you shouldn't be concerned. While we're on the subject, just how naughty did the cuddling get?

Trinity said...

I think exploring options is never bad. Keep experimenting...and then telling us about it.

*uncorked said...

Oh God I miss you and Brit. My post is up my love. And I'd be willing to bet that your brain still tastes like tequila. I really wish I had a clue what I was even trying to say then.

Mr. Condescending said...

I was really concerned that I hadn't heard much about what happened that weekend. I was thinking that maybe you all hated each other or something.

Now I can rest assured that it went well, and as an added bonus I have more images to whack it to!

blunt delivery said...

it is a tragedy of the highest degree that we must be separated. considering v and i live here, i'd say you're the one who's gotta move.

we await your arrival!!!

my post won't be up until i am un-drunk enough to sit in this chair for more than 2 mins

Lola Lakely said...

@Jeanette- I can't either, dollface. I'll just have to come out to LA. Oh well.

@Gorilla Bananas- How naughty did the cuddling get? Hmmm, I think I'll keep that delicious secret to myself.

@Trinity- Done and Done. Oh and I may be back in Texas in October.

@uncorked- It really was an epic weekend. And I miss you desperately. That comment made my day. It was awesome.

@Mr. C- Naaah, I was just trying to shed the alcohol brain fuzz before I was able to think clearly enough to write this post. Whack off to your heart's desire!

@blunt delivery-

I'll be back. I promise. With or without my dignity.

@

*uncorked said...

Ha. Dignity. Like any of us have any of that to begin with.

Candice said...

I cannot believe this weekend happened without me. FOR SHAME. I got lost at a bar and took off my panties. see how perfect we'd be together?!

Mr O said...

Please don't think you should be concerned. If anything, this behavior should be encouraged ;)

I love that this is where jeanette quoted you from. Because the connection thing? Is so true. Though we have never met (one day my naughty one) I feel you and our are a testimony to that thought process.

You say possible photographic proof? I say I double-dog dare you to show me.

Lola Lakely said...

@Candice- You were thought of fondly. And I lost a bra at Brewfest so you and I together would be one naked girl.

Lovely Mr. O- I'll try and remember that the next time I'm about to hop in bed with a beautiful girl. ;)

I was flattered that I was quoted in a status. Nice to know people actually pay attention to me when I speak to them.

All you have to do is email me and ask.



I was

Madame DeFarge said...

I wouldn't be concerned at all. As long as you were entirely Doris Day like in your flannelette nighties, you'll be fine.

otherworldlyone said...

There's nothing to be concerned about. :)

I never thought I'd need to live vicariously through anyone, but it looks like it's time. Continue!

Love in the Dumps said...

your passed out body language deserves an award for most uncomfortable looking. Awesome indeed!

Marty Wombacher said...

Sounds like a blast! What bars did you go to? Did you by chance make it to Club Foot? It's a great bar!