Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lola vs. The Battle of the Frog-Century

Some say it's the American Civil War. Some say it's World War 2. Some say it's the Anglo-Zanzibar War.

I say none of these silly little wars wars had the power, the scope, the sheer magnificence of this epic battle. Yes, it is the pitched conflict that will most likely shake the very foundation of the world we call the blogosphere. And, it is brewing in the Amphibian world.

Of course, I speak of the to-the-hopefully-very-bloody-death-cage match of...

Newt The Wonder Frog's Lily Pad vs. Crazy Thoughts... from a crazy newt.
Three posts.
Three chances to vote.
Three chances to change the world.

There Can Be Only One. Newt.

I had the fortune to sit down with Trinity and he has thrown down his webbed gauntlet. "This was an unprovoked war from a foreign power...if Power and Canada can ever be used in the same sentence. And I am going to protect my Lily Pad with the Verbal Fervor that will make sure this Fake Newt will never forget. He won't know what hit him."

In the interest of fairness, I also spent time behind enemy lines. Crazy Newt had this to say: "Once every lifetime, an underdog stands up for what is right. David vs. Goliath. Chinese guy vs. Tank. Reese's Peanut Butter cups vs. Plain ol' Peanut Butter. This war is the modern incarnation of that eternal conflict... Newt vs. Frog. May the best newt win."

But if you are still not convinced that you want to partake in the outcome of this war, don't take my word for it. Take a look at what these frenzied onlookers had to say.

"I don't know what you are talking about."- Random Security Guard That Works In My Building

"...." Lola's Mother

So dear readers, I encourage you to read each of their posts and vote. Because the fate of the Newts lie within your hands.

Read the complete rules of the battle here.

Ribbit, Ribbit, bitch!

8 comments:

Mr O said...

I must check this out because any post that ends with "Ribbit, Ribbit, bitch!" has my attention

Simon said...

Despite your remarks about this being a unique battle, I believe a case could be made by historians that it forms an uncannily close parallel with the Franco-Prussian War, particularly in respect to the extensive use of horses by both sides.

Trinity said...

I am looking to put a smackdown on my Canadian agressor and I am glad to know the Red Headed Warrior is out to help me.

Love ya, Lola.

Newt

Sangeeta said...

'"I don't know what you are talking about."- Random Security Guard That Works In My Building.'

This is, officially, the Best Quote. EVER!

Lola Lakely said...

@Lovely Mr. O, It is the battle of the century and the more people who get involved, the better! Ribbit, Ribbit bitch was perhaps one of my favorite linees ever. Alas, i can't take credit for it. That was all Triniity.

@Simon- You make an excellent case. However, the fact that I am partaking in this battle makes it infintely more unique.

@Trinity- This naughty red-headed warrior is always in your corner. I am a dirty close quarters fighter.

@Sangeeta- Glad you liked it! I think his name is Herman, but I can't be entirely sure.

mo.stoneskin said...

So much responsibility, I don't know how to handle it. A stiff drink will have to start me off, then I may feel up to it.

CrazyNewt said...

"Canadian Aggressor"? AGGRESSOR? I prefer the term "pre-emptive strike in the name of freedom".

Madame DeFarge said...

Wow, the power at my fingertips. It's so thrilling to be part of something bigger than myself. I'm for the Newt.