Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lola vs. Shiny Plastic

I love how bars around here celebrate Mardi Gras. However it saddens me that not nearly as many people go around flashing their boobs and/or other parts of their anatomy in dingy back corners for shiny pieces of plastic. I suppose it just proves my theory that most people would do something they "never" would do if the conditions were just a bit outside their normal realm of being.

Blaming an extenuating circumstance is my favorite! It's like the ancient girl-dresses -like-a -whore-on-Halloween-just-because-it's-Halloween proverb.

I had the enlightening experience of going to Mardi Gras during spring break once. I remember when I was on the plane I had a slight argument with one of my friends which ended with me stating emphatically, “Beads? Who the effing cares about beads? I’m certainly not compromising my moral values for stupid strung together pieces of plastic! Dude- they’re not even useful.”

So yes, I have three garbage bags full of plastic beads in the back of my closet.

Lola: 1 Morality: 0

And yes, I have on occasion dressed as the sexy vampire in the tight black leather mini-skirt with matching skimpy black corset.

Lola: 2 Morality: 0

From now on, I am going to keep a running tally of how deeply I slide into moral depravity. Want to join?

1 comment:

Spryte said...

You frickin crack me up!!

I have an award for you! You can pick it up here.
http://sprytesplace.blogspot.com/2009/03/stuffed-french-toast-awards-thank-you.html